Controls Engineer (PLC)
Position: Controls Engineer (PLC)
Location Ohio OR Minnesota
Full-time, Permanent Position
The Controls Engineer solves problems by applying industrial control technologies to a variety of fields, with an emphasis on energy systems. The successful candidate will contribute to all phases of the project lifecycle, including:
- Conceptual design
- Control panel and network design
- Equipment specification and procurement
- Controller programming
- HMI/SCADA development
- Construction support and startup
- Ongoing maintenance and support
- Prepare design documents, including system architecture diagrams, installation drawings, schematic and panel layout drawings, functional descriptions, and equipment specifications.
- Write and debug control logic for PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) or similar platforms.
- Use a variety of SCADA and HMI software to develop applications.
- Start up and troubleshoot controllers, networks, instrumentation and control devices, and other new systems in the field.
- Commission and adjust control systems, working individually or as a member of a team of contractors, technicians, and other engineers.
- Participate in internal and external training to stay current on control system technologies and industry trends.
- Learn to use new tools as technology and company needs evolve. Obtain and maintain technical certifications as needed.
- Perform site visits to collect equipment information and assess system operations.
- Analyze system operational performance and develop recommendations to improve operations and energy efficiency.
- Support other Commissioning and Recommissioning activities.
- Perform site visits in order to collect equipment information and assess system operations.
- Aid in performance of Test & Balance services.
- Analyze performance of system operations and
- Analyze system operational performance and suggest methods to improve operations and energy efficiency.
- Assist in utility analysis.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred. However, significant experience with the design of building automation systems and frequent interaction with contractors could be substituted for a formal Engineering degree.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The successful candidate will understand sequence of operation development and control system architecture, control panel layout/design, control logic development in PLC (Allen Bradley/Emerson) or DCS environments and HMI (Wonderware) system application development. Must have experience specifying instrumentation for flow, pressure, temperature and be capable of selecting and sizing modulating valves for steam and water applications.Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media