$65000 to $75000 Per Year
Highly successful mid-size CPA firm is seeking a motivated professional to join their Tax team. This position takes direction from other more experienced members of the Tax and Assurance teams and will be involved with a variety of work. REMOTE and flex schedule options are available.
Duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrates the ability to perform basic tasks in utilizing methodologies and tools
- Performs engagements according to the firm's policies and procedures
- Begins to understand all of the components of the engagement from planning to delivery
- Reviews most recent financial statements, tax returns and prior year engagement to gain an understanding of how procedures were performed and applicability to current year
- Proficient in completing basic areas and begins to complete more complex areas of the engagement
- Develops workpaper documentation according to professional and firm standards
- Takes responsibility for clearing open items relating to assigned areas/tasks
- Begins to demonstrate knowledge of the Firm sources of tax, accounting and auditing literature and keeps current on new tax, accounting and auditing developments
- Provides detailed facts and analyses regarding engagement issues to supervisor for consideration during the decision-making process and seeks to understand the theory behind a position taken on an engagement issue
- Begins to develop a basic understanding of client related industries and external events impacting those industries
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, or equivalent degree required
- Minimum one year tax experience
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and GAAS requirements
- Basic knowledge of financial reporting and disclosures
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media