Apply OnlineThe Clinical Director is responsible for overseeing and directing the patient care operations of the home care facility.This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company; oversight of the eligibility of patients referred to home care services, planning for the services to be provided to patients and supervising their total home health care; implementing and maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations; enhancing the profitability of the agency; and providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the company.
Education And Experience
- Supervises and ensures high quality patient care services throughout the episode of care. This includes overseeing: referral coordination, assuring that patient needs are continually assessed, and assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the patient's individualized plan of care. Ensures coordination with physician, family, and other clinicians involved in care as appropriate. Communicates effectively with staff to ensure they are informed through staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services, including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meetings.
- Supervises patient care to ensure the delivery of safe, economical, and efficient patient care, which adheres to relevant standards of accepted nursing and medical practice, to include federal and state regulations, and Joint Commission standards, as well as to ensure compliance with payer source criteria and company policies. This includes ensuring patient care is provided according to the plan of care as ordered by the physician.
- Supervises agency staff workers performance and monitors and assesses employee performance regularly utilizing the clinician scorecard and yearly with the performance evaluation tool.
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Oversees licensure verification, certification, and credentialing as required by law and policy prior to employment and annually thereafter.
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Serves as a member of the Management Team and QAPI Team according to required timeframes and implements Performance Improvement Projects and annual strategic agency planning ensuring follow up on any required action plans. Maintains and documents an infection control program which has as its goal the prevention and control of infections and communicable diseases.
- Participates in annual strategic agency planning. Ensures follow up on any required action plans.
- Conducts at least monthly meetings with the medical director. Approves medical director invoices and submits on a monthly basis to the Home Office with appropriate supporting documentation for timely payment.
- Drives Operational metrics, including but not limited to the following: productivity, VBP, SVP, ACH, claims alert, late EMS, unverified services, orders audit, and agency financial statements to ensure the organization is on target with company goals related to operational efficiency, growth, quality, and finances. Follows up, addresses issues, and implements action plans as appropriate to meet goals.
- Acts as Emergency Coordinator in the absence of the Executive Director/Alternate Executive Director during emergencies ensuring appropriate plan execution.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all customers to represent the agency and ensures that a timely and thorough investigation of concerns voiced by patients, caregivers and referral sources occurs including follow-up with the complainant to ensure satisfaction with the resolution of the complaint. Maintains confidential documentation within the information system. Collaborates with the sales team to grow the business.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media