Internal Communications Director
The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for improving and maintaining global internal communications to develop and drive consistent messaging of organizational communications company wide. The internal communications manager will focus heavily on executive communications and colleague engagement, ensuring that strategic initiatives across the organization are clear, concise and well absorbed, while also promoting the well-being of colleagues. This role will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and executing to an annual communication calendar as well as ad hoc messaging. This role will also be responsible for the maintenance of content on the corporate intranet, ensuring it’s accuracy and timeliness of content.
The Internal Communications Manager must be an expert in all thing’s communication; writing, editing, channel management, communication platform support, colleague engagement and more. They should have strong writing skills and the ability to listen to those in executive leadership sessions and create summaries, stories or pieces from those conversations. The Internal Communications Manager will report into the Global Head of Marketing and will be part of the marketing organization, taking sole responsibility for communications across the organization internally, while also supporting various projects within marketing, such as website and social media, podcast management and industry event planning when needed.
- Responsible for the annual internal communications plan and calendar, created in coordination with senior executives and the marketing organization.
- Responsible for the continuous evolution and improvement to communications effectiveness through colleague engagement analysis, channel use an overall excellence.
- Gatekeeper of the corporate Intranet, supporting back-end maintenance, content creation and posting.
- Establish regular company-wide communication cadence for CEO and the Executive Leadership Team, including monthly Town Halls and mailers with responsibility for the collaboration and creation of decks and materials.
- Responsible for creating unique and different colleague engagement strategies, whether through social media, surveys, companywide competitions and more.
- Supports various activities throughout the marketing organization including but not limited to social media, podcast, website and industry event planning.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with BA in communications, journalism or marketing preferred.
- 6+ years’ experience in related role.
- Proven ability to influence and bring strategic communication plans to life across multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from executives and colleagues.
- Strong digital skills across multiple platforms; familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video.
- Strong knowledge of communication and marketing channels, including social media and web.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships quickly.
- Experience of writing for a variety of different audiences a must.
- Ability to be flexible and agile, working across multiple teams, disciplines and personalities.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media