Underwriting Supervisor / REMOTE
$100000 to $125000 Per Year
MORTGAGE UNDERWRITING SUPERVISOR
JUMBO, NON-CONFORMING AND PORTFOLIO LENDING
FULL REMOTE (Even after C19)
$100,000 to $125,000 + Bonus + Full Benefits
Will be managing 9-12 UW'ers and a Team Lead.
Will be supporting all Jumbo and Non-QM loans
Bonuses for Production / Quarterly
Job Description Summary
Responsible for overseeing and supervising the underwriting of residential real estate loans ensuring balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Bank. Is proactive in problem detection and resolution. Monitors customer service standards by assisting in problem solving and resolution of operational problems. Supervises employees by setting and assessing performance goals and establishing work schedules and priorities. Responsible for ensuring that the Bank complies with required laws and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures compliance with the Bank's credit policies. Exhibits good judgment and ensures accurate and balanced loan presentations.
- Monitors loan packages for completeness and accuracy.
- Underwrites loans within specific authority.
- Responsible for training and supervising of underwriting staff. Assists in training branch and other line staff.
- Communicates regularly with Loan Representatives, branch officers and customers to ensure quality service is being provided and to help structure complex loan transactions.
- Assists in the development and implementation of customer service standards, and provides written reports on service standards, including turnaround time. Ensures that customer service levels and stated service standards are met.
- Recommends new policies and procedures to improve overall operations.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private, insured mortgages, and FNMA. Manages the underwriting staff's pipeline to ensure all loans are effectively processed to fund on time. Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience in supporting High Net Worth/Wealth Management customers, with residential/consuming lending limits in the $1-2MM aggregate range as approved by Credit Risk Management
- Outstanding knowledge of loan underwriting documentation requirements.
- Experience with underwriting jumbo loans and government products such as FHA and VA loan is highly preferred
- Ability to communicate with multiple business partners within the organization
- Ability to handle heavy workload, multitask and meet stringent deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent PC skills
- Bachelor's Degree Business
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Management skills.
- Analytical and research; compile statistics.
- Effective problem solving.
- Training skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
The ideal candidate is someone with current mortgage underwriting experience (no commercial or consumer). The ideal candidate will also have team lead and/or supervisory experience where they have led a team of mortgage underwriters. Looking for a candidate that has been stable throughout their career. If there are gaps in employment, explain why.
WHY WE'RE A GREAT COMPANY
- We offer full medical, dental and vision benefits. Eligibility to enroll following a full months employment.
- 401K. Dollar to Dollar matching up to 6%. Immediate contribution and immediate vest
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media