$90000 to $100000 Per Year
The Maintenance Manager leads a maintenance department that includes front line supervisors and a team of mechanics. She or he is responsible for people and team development, motivating the team and ensuring quality performance. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit across all shifts. This role will also include achieving site performance for uptime, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, and building/grounds maintenance. This role will also coach team members to utilize the processes and facilitate problem solving on the floor.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure that front line supervisors and teams within the business unit are developed and held accountable for achieving individual, team and business unit goals
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate and hold team members accountable to achieve plan goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Work closely with suppliers and internal customers to deliver expected results
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- Initiate and implement projects
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Seek out and implement best practices
- Solve daily operational issues
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role occasionally requires lifting up to 40 lbs.
- This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- 3-5 years of operations maintenance experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Beverage experience, highly needed for hot fill production (maybe juice or milk product - pasteurization, key experience).
- Ability to think quickly, take initiative, think creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Must possess strong skills in project management
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment while making decisions quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media