Senior BIM Specialist
Our client is a structural engineering firm that believes in the power of relationships is looking for a Senior BIM Specialist for their Richmond, VA office. They provide full-service structural engineering services to a wide range of industries, including emergency response, entertainment and arts, federal, healthcare, higher education, historic restoration, hospitality, K-12, libraries, life science, commercial, and sport & recreation. With offices throughout the east coast, they are dedicated to creative approaches, collaborative processes and integrated design.
As a BIM Specialist, this candidate will work closely with our client’s project engineers and BIM Manager to produce high quality and detailed structural documents for their clients. Using Revit, this person will translate architectural drawings and engineering sketches into computer generated drawings. This person will also coordinate the model and drawings with other discipline teams for a variety of projects that range in size and complexity.
- Our client is unique in that it acts as a “think tank” and encourages the team to think out of the box.
- No bureaucracy – just everyone working together to build a great company through service excellence and client success.
- Work hard, play hard environment – they are a group of hard-working professionals who are passionate about achieving success, but having a work/life balance is extremely important to the CEO so no workaholics allowed!
- They service a wide range of industries, including emergency response, entertainment and arts, federal, healthcare, higher education, historic restoration, hospitality, K-12, libraries, life sciences, commercial and sports recreation.
- All of their professionals are encouraged to grow and learn new skills.
- High growth even during Covid times.
Title: Senior BIM Specialist
Location: Richmond, VA
Type: Full-Time Exempt position
Rate: $25-$36+/hour PLUS 1.5x for overtime
Benefits: Competitive salary with full benefits, including 401K, plus company sponsored socials and professional development opportunities
The Senior BIM Specialist will have a strategic mindset. Our client is looking for someone who is passionate about what they do – able to handle multiple competing projects at once – organized and willing to think outside the box to find the best approach for each drawing’s completion. Strong intrapersonal and interpersonal communications skills are an absolute must, as this role will work with both clients and staff alike. The right candidate will have proficient AutoCAD and modeling skills in Revit with an attitude that learning is never complete. Experience with structural modeling/drafting is a plus!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in Revit – software for architectural design, MEP, structural design, detailing, engineering and construction.
- Work closely with project engineers and BIM Manager.
- Produce high quality and detailed structural documents.
- Collect and maintain references and testimonials databases.
- Passionate about their work.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and modeling skills.
- Experience with structural modeling/drafting a plus.
Education: No Bachelor’s degree required
Years Exp: 10+
Location: Richmond, VA
- 10+ years experience
- Revit experience
- Excellent communicator
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Team player
- Out of the box thinking
- Experience with structural modeling/drafting a plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media