BIM Modeler III
BIM Modeler III is responsible for providing modeling efforts for both project delivery and standards. This is a leader of the production team that will create a majority of the drawings for a project and typically functions as a Model Manager. Will need to efficiently take part in and supervise modeling and documenting the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Family Development Team for the revised standards or for a project’s needs.
- Create project specific families for projects they are leading.
- Lead and supervise modeling and documenting a project.
- Lead modeling efforts on projects working with junior level modelers to complete deliverables. Schedule and assign work to meet project deliverable dates.
- Clean and purge background drawings/models for use in company model.
- Create REI Revit model using backgrounds from other trades.
- Setup of Revit views for use by the Project team including electronic document filing and all other facets of the electronic drawings and/or model.
- Take part in internal BIM project kickoff and weekly BIM status meetings.
- Work with project Coordinators and Detailers.
- Supervise the layout and input of marked‐up drawings into Revit in accordance with Standards.
- Input of marked‐up drawings into Revit.
- Document and archive work pursuant with the company standard.
- Back‐check others’ work for accuracy before passing on to the project team.
- Acknowledgement of any/all confidentially and/or Non‐Disclosure requirements pursuant to this position. The protection of Proprietary or Company Intellectual Property.
- Download drawings and information from the Web, SharePoint or project websites (FTP, etc.).
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Computerized Drafting or related field
- 5 years of total experience with knowledge of electrical symbols and electrical drafting conventions and standards
- Advanced working knowledge of the most current modeling applications software in use; including being able to create and manipulate Revit families, views, browser structure, sheets, schedules, filters and similar Revit functions
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to give verbal and general written direction well and turn that direction into appropriate, working design documents
- Complete understanding of BIM processes and procedures including workflow processes
- Skills obtained above and beyond the building elements would be creating simple parametric families, utilizing shared parameters, creating schedules, and creating complex geometry
- Fluency in the current version of Revit software employed by the Department
- Fluency in reading 2D plans, electronically or hard copy
- Fluency in the 2D and 3D space
- Fluency in Autodesk Navis Works, Autodesk Design Review
- Advanced knowledge of 3D layout and design
- Ability to receive and transmit documents on behalf of the design team, either via posting to website or the Internet or via hard copy
- Fluency with all plotters, printers and reproduction systems used in house or on the job site
- Fluency for importing documents, such as spread sheets, photos, images, and word processing files into Revit projects
- Ability to type, proofread, spell check work without supervision
- Ability to create Revit work sets and understanding of Revit work sharing process
- Understanding of 3D coordination with other trades
- Skills obtained above and beyond the building elements would be setting up Revit models, leading model teams in modeling, annotating, project scheduling, assigning workload and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self‐motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Up to 20%
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media