Senior Manager of Business Applications
This role is 3 days/week onsite in Needham MA and 2 days remote.
The Senior Manager of Business Applications is responsible for the delivery, management,
and implementation of applications and solutions that support the client’s customers, employees, and business partners. As a member of the IT leadership team, the Senior Manager of Business Applications is an influential role, making investment and priority trade-off decisions, negotiating and managing vendor contracts, and developing a high performing team. The successful candidate will lead a team of 5 internal resources and strategic vendors with all on shore resources. Key business application functions include ERP (finance, manufacturing and supply chain), shop floor execution (MES), sales, trade funds management, shipping optimization, new product development, analytics and EDI. We are embarking on an implementation of a new ERP system which will likely be Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Supply Chain. This role will be the key IT leader executing this implementation and business transformation.
- Lead the implementation of the new ERP System
- Lead a team managing all aspects of application development and delivery across all business departments
- Engage with the business and identify new functionality, develop compelling business cases, prioritize projects and develop plans that maximize return on investment.
- Foster a strong customer service mind-set throughout the application development team, while championing thought leadership and partnership with the business.
- Partner with business leaders to create robust solution roadmaps that are integrated with architecture and operations.
- Conducts workflow analyses, business process reviews and creates functional specifications.
- Ensure that all application development initiatives are well managed and delivered to meet expectations on functionality, timeliness, and cost.
- Partner with internal customers to develop training and deployment plans aimed at maximizing both user adoption and realization of business benefits.
- Manage application vendor relationships
- Evaluate team members performance, provide candid feedback and high impact coaching that enables (and motivates) them to achieve departmental as well as enterprise goals.
- Full lifecycle implementation of Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Supply Chain (or previous versions Finance and Operations or AX)
- A minimum of 10 years in application development and maintenance, project management, process development and resource management.
- Has successfully led development and delivery of multiple complex business technology solutions into production that have achieved or surpassed business goals.
- Extensive hands on experience with Microsoft Dynamics ERP
- Functional expertise implementing and managing ERP and other applications supporting business processes including: Plan to Produce, Opportunity to Order, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report and New Product Development.
- Functional expertise in shop floor scheduling, production, demand planning, warehousing, inventory management, sales, trade funds management and financial systems.
- Able to foster a culture of transparency and a sense of purpose among the team, and create clear accountabilities and metrics.
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Sharp analytical, consulting and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Highly professional and customer focused.
- Demonstrated acumen and passion for both business and technology, including the latest digital innovations as they apply to the creation of business value.
- Accepts ownership and welcomes responsibility.
- Manufacturing company experience required, CPG and Food experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media