Business Development Manager
Position Summary: The Business Development Manager will build and cultivate market position by identifying, developing, and maintaining business relationships in alignment with company strategic goals. As the key “rain maker”, the Business Development Manager will work closely with project teams, business unit leaders and leadership to strengthen relationships with current clients and create growth opportunities that promote the brand and the business in the mid-west region.
Develop and execute business strategies and initiatives to expand The Company’s environmental remediation, geotechnical, decommissioning and demolition construction services to new clients in alignment with the strategic goals of the organization
Manage key accounts and develop a complete understanding of the client portfolio, projected spend, business philosophy, value added requirements and strategic alliances that influence their buying habits
Identify and develop marketing strategies to capture new business and expand The Company’s market penetration by identifying trendsetter ideas through researching industry and related events, publications, and building key partnerships within the industry
Locate potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities in similar and adjacent businesses
Build, grow and maintain an active pipeline of large and strategic new prospects that will ensure the continuous growth of clients
Develop and customize marketing collateral to promote the company, confirm in-person meetings with decision makers, facilitate presentations with prospective clients and secure business
Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments
Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals
Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Minimum 10 years of related sales or business development experience within the environmental remediation, decommissioning and industrial demolition or civil construction industries
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but an equivalent combination of education and related experience accepted
- Strong technical expertise with extensive understanding of the type of earth work the company performs required, a similar knowledge of large-scale sector is a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and closing skills with ability to influence others at all levels
- High level of proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experience using Salesforce CRM is a plus
- Ability to perform work with integrity and protect the confidentiality of proprietary technologies and information
- Excellent organizational skills related to sales planning, setting priorities, meeting deadlines
- Some knowledge of the clients in the assigned area or region is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and the ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with clients, project teams, leadership team, attend conferences, etc.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media