$55000 to $75000 Per Year
- $20 Billion global foods manufacturer that has been in business for 50+ years has a need for a 2nd shift Production Supervisor
- They have 43 facilities nationwide and this is the largest operation with it being over 1,000,000 sqf and offering a ton of growth potential
- Our client offers fantastic benefits, stability, growth and a great team atmosphere.
- This job is open due to a pending retirement
- LOCAL candidates only
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a production shift to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
- Manage, lead, coach, train and develop a team of 15-20 employees
- Coordinate with Scheduler to ensure daily production requirements are achieved.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring & training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
- Support & improve upon quality initiatives designed to meet plant goals.
- Ensures safety programs are implemented effectively, reviewed regularly and revised as necessary.
- Utilize lean, six-sigma, quality methodologies and other continuous improvement tools to track KPI’s, metrics and improve OEE efficiencies
- HS diploma required
- Excellent leadership skills with a high-speed manufacturing and or military operations environment
- 2+ years manufacturing and or military supervision experience required
- Good verbal & interpersonal communication skills; ability to work well in group situations; ability to deal effectively with conflict in mature & consistent manner.
- Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applications
- Open to working 2ndshift (3 pm – 11 pm) and work overtime / weekends when necessary (overtime will be paid)
- BS/BA in operations, business, engineering or related education
- Experience with lean manufacturing, 5S, six-sigma or other continuous improvement tools. Lean or Six-sigma certifications
- Able to work in a high-speed facility with the capability of tracking KPI's, efficiencies and implementing lean manufacturing or continuous improvement methodologies
- Knowledgeable of GMP’s, FDA, AIB, USDA, SQF and OSHA regulations
- Military veteran specifically with the ability to train, coach and develop. Ideally COO, NCOO or an E-7 rank or higher
Military veteran preferred
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media