Our manufacturing client in the Waterloo, Iowa area is looking to hire a Controller. The Controller has primary ownership for the organization’s accounting functions as well as some light Human Resources responsibilities. The Controller is responsible for directing the fiscal functions and company performance. The Controller will be directly responsible for the accounting books, records and software systems of the organization. Responsibilities include maintaining the general ledger, oversight of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll processing, financial and accounting internal controls.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA desired but not required
· 5+ years of financial leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
· Human Resources or Office Administration experience desired.
· Prior experience managing a small accounting team.
· Costing, sales tax, payroll tax experience.
· ERP experience, SAP, Oracle
· Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
· Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
· Strong problem solving and assessment skills; ability to exercise sound judgement, and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
· Results oriented; driven and engaged to develop, mentor, and manage accounting / finance personnel and functions.
· Must possess strong financial acumen, reading, writing, grammar, and mathematic skills.
· Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, most notably Word, Excel, and Outlook (among others); deep knowledge of WorkWise ERP software would be very advantageous.
· Serve as a member of the leadership team and participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating modes, and operational execution.
· Maintain day-to-day responsibility of all financial-related activities of the company, which includes accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, sales analysis, negotiations, and compliance.
· Provide management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
· Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends to assist CEO / President and other management members in performing their responsibilities.
· Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
· Directly supervise the accounting function and provide direct oversight of all external vendors supporting finance, tax, audit, and payroll activities.
· Plan, implement, manage, and control all financial-related activities of the company to meet both short and long term strategic financial objectives.
· Oversee the management of short-term working capital and cash flow planning; ensure the availability of funds as needed.
· Oversee processing of accounts payable, collection of accounts receivable, month end / year end processing and completion of monthly bank reconciliations.
· Optimize the handling of credit card, bank, and cash deposit relationships and maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
· Oversee/manage payroll processes and interact with benefits providers.
· Evaluate and advise on the financial impact of strategic plans, business development plans, and actions.
· Ensure credibility of finance/accounting department by providing timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements.
· Identify and resolve discrepancies within the financial results including inventory adjustments, cost of goods sold, production and overhead variances, etc.
· Develop, manage, and ensure accurate analysis and processes for financial forecasting, planning, budgets, and reporting to the company.
· Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
· Develops, implements and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures, including effective check and balance internal controls.
· Ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable city, state, and federal regulatory laws for financial and tax reporting.
· Ensure timely filing of tax documents and returns.
· Coordinate provision of information to external auditors and ensure timely audits.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media