Plant Health Specialist (Plant RN)
Under general supervision, works to reduce injuries and provides nursing care for occupational injuries and illnesses, including emergency care and referral, based upon nursing assessments, nursing diagnosis, and medical directives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Provides on-site services for annual physicals, Flu vaccines and safety training programs.
- Performs screening examinations such as vision screening, tonometry, EKG, venipuncture, audiometry, and spirometry.
- Refers abnormal or questionable findings to appropriate individuals for further evaluation.
- Assists with obtaining health and work history, interpreting results, and making appropriate referrals for positive findings.
- Participates in the implementation and administration of healthcare programs that enhance wellness through disease and accident prevention.
- Maintains a nursing recordkeeping system that meets legal requirements and ensures confidentiality.
NOTE: This is for second shift!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Must be licensed (or able to be licensed) as a registered nurse in the State of Iowa.
- Will consider a candidate who is within 6 months of completing their degree from an accredited nursing program in preparation for taking the NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse) exam.
- Preferred to have a certification as an Occupational Health Nurse and to be Bi-Lingual (Spanish).
- Requires knowledge of nursing care and medical evaluation.
- Familiar with treatment protocols for Musculoskeletal Disorders ('MSD').
- Knowledgeable about safety and prevention equipment and is able to train employees.
- Knows applicable federal and state legal requirements related to health care, data privacy and safety.
- Able to administer aspects of health programs. Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiar with personal activity and system risks that place a person at higher risk of developing an ergonomic related injury.
- Solid proficiency in PC use including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Occupational Health Manager ('OHM') and other pertinent software.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media