Human Resource Manager - Bilingual
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides human resources guidance through planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the Human Resources Department in support of the plant.
- Serves as functional resource for employees, ensuring their understanding and compliance with HR policies and regulations.
- Manages the employee relations efforts to develop & implement business aligned HR initiatives that promote effective employee and management relations.
- Keeps management advised of potential problems and recommends & implements solutions as appropriate.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to support continual improvement. Act as a change in agent within the plant.
- Participates in the development and implementation of plant’s goals, objectives and systems.
- Monitors Human Resources key performance indicators, identifying root causes to workforce issues and driving improvement initiatives.
- Manages and maintain department records and reports.
- Actively participates in company-wide HR projects and meetings.
- May manage vendor relationships
- Ensures legal compliance by reviewing federal, state and local regulatory requirement and disseminating, explaining and consulting.
- Act as a business partner and coach for the plant management team.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process to identify top talent that meets the plant needs for hourly, professional, managerial, and technical capability.
- Employ coaching, consulting and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with company's values
- Work with Compensation and Benefits team to ensure competitive programs are in place to attract and retain talent
- Responsible for implementing systems and coaching the plant leadership team to cultivate a positive employee relations environment, maintaining a union-free work place.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to employee relations issues affecting the plant to mitigate any legal or compliance related risks.
- Responsible for managing and developing direct report(s).
- Partners with Safety to promote and create a safe work environment and ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Manages recognition events for the facility.
- Develops, reviews and implements effective company communications.
- Conduct training at the plant for the hourly and management teams, including: compliance, policy administration, communications, and positive employee relations programs.
- Supports the Director of Operations to manage the annual performance appraisal and compensation program for the plant.
- Maintain strong knowledge of current knowledge of current HR industry trends. Ensures compliance with current employment and labor relations legislation.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management
- Over seven years of experience in a HR capacity, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- PHR or SPHR certification is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be computer literate with experience with HRIS programs.
- Strong analytical, reasoning and math skills.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to present to large audiences.
- Strong experience with Human Resources Information Systems
- Should be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to multi-task with good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Work requires supervising and monitoring work performance through the assistance of other supervisors or administrators, including making final decisions on hiring and disciplinary actions, evaluating program/work objectives and effectiveness, and realigning work and staffing assignments, as needed.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media