Data Scientist, manufacturing
The Data Scientist (data engineer) will be responsible for applying expertise in data science and analytics to focus the framing integration of Industry 4.0 technologies. The data scientist, by using manufacturing data, will also work across several platforms to initiate, plan and deliver studies using data analytics and machine learning algorithms.
- Develop methods to collect and validate data from multiple systems for data analytics
- Collaboration with teams to support proper data collection
- Meet with customers to determine what information is the most important to them
- Develop analytical capabilities (e.g. models and processes) that drive better outcomes for both customers and the company
- Mentor and coach more junior team members in developing data flow and analytic capabilities
- Cleaning raw data and general pre-processing (generating features)
- Developing solutions to visualize data and drive decisions to improve overall system performance
- Masters degree in computer science, statistics, industrial engineering, computer engineering or a relevant technical degree
- Minimum experience of 3 years experience in related data science, analytics, and model building roles
- Experiences in Industry 4.0 transformation either as internal or customer facing
- Understanding of data collection and model building processes
- A strong understanding of data profiling and data cleansing techniques
- Experience working with large complex data sets, real time/near real time analytics, and distributed big data platforms
- Practical knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies such as machine learning/supervised and unsupervised techniques, regression modeling, neural networks, data mining and optimization techniques
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages and their associated statistical analysis packages: Python, R, or MatLab
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media