Sr Automation Engineer
Elevate Your Career with the Exciting Position: Sr. Automation Engineer
Location: St. Joseph, MI
Travel: 25% (Domestic and International)
We are looking for a Sr. Automation Engineer based in St. Joseph, MI, to lead and support the advancement and implementation of new manufacturing automation technologies at the operation facilities worldwide. The successful candidate will have a strong hands-on engineering background in advanced automation and manufacturing technology, coupled with excellent management and communication skills.
Automation Strategy: Lead the organization in planning, developing, and executing an automation strategy.
Design for Manufacturing (DFM): Ensure linkage to Product Engineering & NPI Programs.
Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement in key automation processes at distribution centers and manufacturing locations.
Lean Practices: Leverage Lean principles to enhance the design and execution of new manufacturing processes, methodologies, and equipment layouts.
Competency Building: Build organizational competency in automation, ensuring step-level changes toward delivering a global strategy.
Advanced Assembly Machinery: Develop advanced assembly machinery and techniques for manufacturing and distribution locations to optimize quality, throughput, and quick changeover.
Standardization: Establish common standards for engineered labor standards, specifying, quoting, and purchasing machinery and tooling.
Supplier Collaboration: Work with outside suppliers to source machinery, tooling, and gauges.
Project Management: Manage multiple projects simultaneously from conception to formal production handoff.
Communication: Maintain effective communication with team members and the leadership team, ensuring timely project closure.
Key Working Relationships:
- VP Global Engineering
- Product Engineering Team
- Plant Based Manufacturing/Operations
- Quality Team
- Plant-based leadership
- International Tooling & Machinery Manufacturers
- Plant-based sustaining Engineering team
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with automation equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Automation, Process Control, Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Science).
- Mechanical/Technical Diploma/Degree or equivalent experience in Automation.
- Knowledge of stamping, welding, and product assembly.
- Experience with PLCs and robotic equipment.
- Significant knowledge in state-of-the-art manufacturing process technology, product development, quality, and continuous improvement methods.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good writing, documentation, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project.
- Domestic & International Travel as required (approximately 25%).
If you have the required skills and experience, we invite you to apply for this position and be part of this dynamic team.
#AutomationEngineer #EngineeringJobs #ManufacturingTechnology #LeadershipRole #JobOpportunity #GlobalEngineering #LeanPrinciples #ProjectManagement #AutomationStrategy #ElevateYourCareer
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media