Plant Manager Bread Bakery Food Manufacturing La Porte
Plant Manager - Bread Bakery Food Manufacturing
similat job titles: Operations Manager, Plant Operations Manager, Production Manager
Location: La Porte, IN; about 35 miles south east of Chicago
Job Summary: Reports to the plant General Manager and Senior VP of Manufacturing. Responsible for all phases of plant management: production, engineering, sanitation, and shipping, in a medium-sized, 140 persons bread and roll bakery manufacturing plant. Manages all activities that are required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials on a scheduled shift and line(s).
Desired Leadership Traits:
- Charismatic; shows floor presence.
- Able to corral manager team onto the same plan of action.
- Knowledgeable enough to identify the best action plan.
- (5) Five or more years’ experience in management within a high-speed sliced bread or bun manufacturing environment.
- Sliced Bread or Buns experience required; experience working with ovens.
- Experience with large-scale bakery equipment.
- Understanding of function between ingredients, time, and temperature in the baking process.
- Proven success of building teams.
- Union management experience
Other Desired Traits:
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing background.
- AIB training
- BRC / SQF knowledge
This job offers the following:
- Outstanding opportunities with a stable and established organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Defined pension plan
- Highly adequate relocation assistance is provided if needed.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media