Extruded Nylon Engineer
$90000 to $120000 Per Year
Technical Specialist – Extruded Nylon SME
Position Summary: Staff consultant acting as an expert/authority in an engineering area of specialization.
- Plastic extrusion experience
- Must have extensive experience in designing multi-layer plastic extrusion tubing for fuel and vapor applications.
- Will require some hands-on work in setting up and running extrusion equipment.
- Will interact with the customer materials engineering group to define and gain agreement on test plan, execute test plan, and gain material approval.
- Acts as technical consultant in area of multi-layer plastic extrusion tubing products and/or processes.
- Leads product design and development cycle for assigned programs.
- Identifies design solutions necessary to meet the required engineering, manufacturing and financial targets within program timing.
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date engineering records according to APQP and QMS requirements.
- Identifies and communicates design materials and specifications.
- Initiates and implements continuous improvement suggestions.
- Works as part of the design and development team by providing design and analysis direction.
- Participates with Manufacturing Division to form multidisciplinary team for review of both product and process designs and ensure that DFM&A requirements are met.
- Meets with customer one-on-one within the scope of the PD&D process.
- Expected to use broader knowledge base to take on more complicated assignments.
- Provides technical mentoring for co-workers.
- Required to work extra hours and travel to meet Customer needs.
- Participates and fully understands QMS/QOS as it pertains to the job and support functions as applicable.
- All other reasonable duties and responsibilities assigned as deemed necessary by Supervisor.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Good computer proficiency.
- May be required to have proficiency in languages other than English.
- BS in engineering or equivalent.
- 15 years of related design engineering experience with extruded plastics / tubing.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media