$50000 to $50000 Per Year
We are seeking a Purchasing Coordinator with 3+ years of related responsibilities experience with manufacturing industry experience. This position is based in Mobile, AL and reports directly to the Purchasing Manager. Excellent Healthcare and Work Life Balance Benefits.
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate flow of materials within the company’s supply chain and to serve as a liaison between the manufacturing corporation and its vendors.
- Coordinate the order and delivery of all materials within the company’s supply chain
- Negotiate prices with non-quality critical chemicals and solvents
- Create purchase orders based on current material need and work orders
- Maintains the upkeep on all company owned vehicles
- Coordinates repairs for company forklifts
- Perform vendor audits and well as internal audits of chemical supplies
- Serve as point of contact for all internal company purchasing needs
- Ensures Completes weekly purchasing report
- Processes invoices for payment
- Scan purchase order documents into Docuware
- Serve as Assembly Area Coordinator and Inventory Control Specialist back up
- Assist with Purchasing Manger duties in their absence
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and negotiation skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and vendors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite tools and other software as required
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Knowledge of SAP Business System (Material Management/Plant Maintenance Modules)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 3-5 years of experience; or a combination of education and work experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working at a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media