Estimator/Preconstruction Manager - Higher Ed, Healthcare, Multifamily
$95000 to $120000 Per Year
Estimator/Preconstruction Manager Job Description
We are seeking an experienced Construction Estimator/Preconstruction Manager to estimate Higher Ed, Healthcare, and Multifamily work. The estimator’s work includes gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. In addition, they estimate labor, material, and time requirements in order to be able to compute the overall cost of the project. The estimator should be familiar with computer programs commonly used in construction estimating, be able to create reports and report to upper management and be able to perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics.
The Construction Estimator/Preconstruction Manager must be an adaptable team player.
You will be dealing with subcontractors, material vendors, working with engineers, and architects as needed.
The Construction Estimator/Preconstruction Manager we are looking for will have previous experience in construction management, architecture, engineering or other related work and or educational experience.
The ideal applicant will be highly organized, with the ability to plan ahead and multitask in order to meet deadlines and keep projects on schedule. An engineering background and approach is desired. If you feel like you fit these parameters, please contact us.
Estimator Job Responsibilities
- Represent the firm in a professional manner at all times, including when working with vendors, subcontractors, the community, driving, and working with team members.
- Gather and source all necessary materials and information related to pricing construction projects.
- Explore documentation in order to gain understanding of the project requirements
- Seek timely, accurate, and complete estimates from subcontractors and material vendors. Compare those estimates to the project plans, specifications, and finish schedules.
- Calculate, measure, and confirm unit quantities from construction plan sets.
- Create material take offs.
- Create and disseminate requests for estimates/bids and track those requests.
- Ensure supplies and equipment are ordered and delivered according to schedule
- Prepare reports regarding job estimate status
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects and key team members of the project team
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements
- Create subcontracts and purchase orders.
Estimator Job Requirements
- Education in Architecture, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Management or another related field
- Extensive previous work experience developing/managing budgets for construction projects
- Excellent knowledge of construction material and equipment
- Highly organized
- Previous experience in a leadership role with strong and proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Engineering Software, Estimating Software, Drafting Software and generally strong computing skills
- Previous work experience in construction estimation or another similar role
- Understanding of construction processes
- Able to plan ahead
- Familiar with construction and project Estimation software programs
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience
- Excellent time management ability
- Able to multitask with a strong understanding of core manager duties
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation skills
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs. to 100 lbs. individually or in a team effort while moving equipment and materials
- Tolerance for varying environmental conditions such as extreme cold and weather conditions
Estimator Compensation Package and Benefits
- Base Salary: $95,000 - $120,000/yr
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k Program w/match
- Profit sharing/bonus
- Paid time off
- Monthly Car Allowance
- And much more!
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media