The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for managing the New Model, Supplier, Manufacturing & Assembly, Customer, and Warranty quality functions for multiple OEM customers. They will develop and implement and be accountable to the QA Department’s Business Plan, which includes, but not limited to, establishing business plan targets, implementing strategies to achieve targets, and providing countermeasures to areas that do not meet targets. This is a supervisory position that monitors and manages daily activities in the overall functions of the Quality Assurance group.
- Adhere to Safety Policy and practices.
- Responsible for leadership and skill development of direct reports.
- Supervise direct reports, monitoring and managing daily activities.
- Define departmental business plan level activities and budgets with the Head of the Department.
- Evaluate countermeasures proposed to correct negative trends.
- Review and approve Quality documents.
- Support departmental 6S activities
- Work cross-functionally across Operations, R&D, support departments and Corporate Quality to meet internal and customer quality requirements.
- Coordinate reviews, analysis, corrective actions and responses to customer complaints about product quality.
- Perform Product/Process Audits to verify products are manufactured and inspected in accordance with standards.
- Lead special projects and other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working within a large manufacturing facility (automotive preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a Quality function.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supervising or managing people.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of AIAG Quality standards (DFMEA, PFMEA, CP, PPAP etc.)
- Quality systems expertise in ISO 9001 and/or IATF 16949.
- Root Cause Problem Solving and Corrective Action (8D, 5P, 5 Why)
- Calibration and Gage Control
- CAD, GD&T and Part Drawing interpretation
- Process expertise in machining, stamping, welding, painting and assembly
- ASQ certifications in Auditing, Quality Management and Six Sigma
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media