Practice Manager (Healthcare)
SourcePro Search, LLC is conducting a search for a Practice Manager (Healthcare) for a top well known global law firm in any location where they have offices (NY/MA/DC/CA), the role will be temporarily remote due to Covid-19
As the Practice Manager (Healthcare Legal Practice) you are responsible for managing certain processes of the Healthcare Legal Practice Area (“LPA”) that are critical to the LPA’s leadership. The position works under the direction of the Managing Director and works closely with leaders, partners and administrative team members to ensure timely and effective execution on processes and systems that support the strategic direction of the LPA.
What you do:
- Overall LPA Operations: Work with the Managing Director, LPA leadership and broader practice management team to manage operational and strategic aspects of the LPA, including internal organization, meetings and events, information management, and other initiatives as requested by the Managing Director and LPA leadership. Identify LPA needs and opportunities, and work to advance relevant initiatives across interconnecting Business Units.
- Talent Management: Based upon a solid understanding of the talent management goals of the LPA and each individual attorney, work with the Managing Director and interact with partners and administrators on various talent management initiatives, including efforts related to recruitment, diversity, equity and inclusion and professional development and training. Understand the broader firm tools, processes and strategy to ensure proper execution of the LPA’s initiatives.
- Business Intelligence: Produce reporting and analytics to build business intelligence that informs LPA leadership on trends related to overall management, including talent management, financial performance and knowledge management. Collaborate with Managing Director, Client Development, partners, and administrators to identify actionable issues and plans arising out of metrics analysis and execute on related efforts to support and advance LPA initiatives.
- Team Management: Together with the Managing Director, assist with workload and professional development of practice management team members through coaching, mentoring, delegation and supervision.
- General: Provide general administrative support to the LPA and associated Business Units and LPAs that intersects with the LPA.
Who you are:
- J.D. degree with 5 to 7 years’ experience as an attorney, preferably in a large law firm, or
- J.D. degree with several (at least 3) years’ experience as an attorney, preferably in a large law firm, plus 5+ years as an administrator in a large law firm with significant project management responsibilities (e.g. Attorney Development Manager, Pricing Manager, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and forge positive and collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and to respect, protect, and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and tasks including demonstrating delegation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive and take initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate effective creative problem solving and people management skills.
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel. Ability to learn and utilize additional programs.
- Schedule: Standard business hours; occasional evening/weekend, events and retreats
- Physical requirements: Must be able to operate various office machines including computers
- Travel: Occasional
- Environment: Office environment
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media