Manufacturing Engineer - Automotive
The Manufacturing Engineer, through engineering projects, directly supports the entire production organization by leading set-up (change over) time reduction, continuous improvement efforts (Kaizen), capital project management, and cost reduction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop methods, tooling and techniques to continuously reduce the time and effort involved in setting-up, changing over and operations of manufacturing equipment.
- Modify manufacturing processes for safety improvement, quality improvement, cost reduction, or design changes.
- Achieve financial objectives by assisting in the preparation of the budget, scheduling expenditures, managing project budgets and initiating corrective actions.
- Manage capital projects, including: development of equipment specification, coordination of equipment runoffs, installation of equipment, and management of outside contractors.
- Updates and maintains equipment drawings for production and equipment, including layouts.
- Develop engineering solutions for repetitive equipment/process failures.
- Assist in identification of departmental training requirements and may provide the training for improvement of skill levels.
- Review, recommend and coordinate TPM, PM, Proactive Maintenance and Predictive Maintenance Programs to prevent equipment failures and maximize machinery uptime.
- Manage outside contractors involved in process/equipment improvement.
- Work closely with all levels of the organization to improve upon manufacturing machinery and process improvements.
- Lead Kaizen activities, and document results.
- Knows significant environmental aspects of the job and the related operational controls.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical and/or Industrial Engineering, or related degree.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- 1 or more years of experience in manufacturing engineering experience via Internship or Co-Op.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Lean Enterprise experience.
- Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel, MS Project, MfgPro, Kronos).
- Willing to work on a fast pace environmental
- Understanding about being a Tier1 supplier, preferable some intern experience in a Tier1 or tier2
- Some intern experience in manufacturing environmental, such as working on a project implementation, cost reduction project, process improvement implementation
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media