$40000 to $50000 Per Year
We are seeking a Procurement Specialist for a growing industrial distribution company to maintain and strengthen customer accounts, ensuring customer satisfaction and company profitability in a fast paced environment. This team member would be responsible for working with new customers and existing through relationship building. This position impacts short and long term business with suppliers negotiation, cost negotiation, analysis, quoting, sourcing, negotiation, and quality.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and to grow a career within a dynamic industry.
On a daily basis, the Procurement Specialist will mainly be responsible for the following:
- Provide information and make decisions with customers to determine the best supplier and source by analyzing material, category and supplier costs.
- Evaluate blueprints / drawings and/or samples.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and variances.
- Determine quality requirements for the customer and specifications.
- Build and maintain relationships within the industry suppliers to maintain to ensure continuous improvement.
- Negotiate pricing, quantity, and delivery with suppliers.
- Prepare requests for quotation (RFQ)
- Obtain purchase orders (PO) and acknowledgements from suppliers.
- Update and maintain accurate information within the database ERP.
- Review and issue proposals and purchase agreements
- Support special projects as needed as the buyer specialist.
- Experience with industrial components, mechanical products and/or parts within industrial and/or manufacturing industries.
- High attention to detail, i.e. utilizing computer software, in self-monitoring the completion of daily tasks, and in customer follow-through
- Professional demeanor with both internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and oral communication, i.e discussing product details with the customer
- Accountability in problem solving; initiative in resolving customer issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media