Chief Medical Officer
If you are a Chief Medical Officer at an Acute Care Hospital, currently looking for a change of scene, we have an awesome opportunity to consider.
Picture the Oregon coast with its famous state parks, beaches, whale watching tours, boardwalks, museums, quaint coastal communities that offers a plethora of outdoor activities throughout the year.
We have an incredible opportunity for a Clinical Leader reporting into the CEO for a growing regional hospital in the Southern Oregon Coast. The hospital's inpatient and outpatient services include medical, surgical, pediatric, critical care, home health, outpatient and acute inpatient psychiatric, oncology, obstetrical, and other specialties.
The ideal candidate will oversee the clinical administration of the hospital including strategy, people management and program management.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate clinical practice guidelines and care pathways in collaboration with the clinical staff, to facilitate consistent use of evidence-based practices, and to formulate standards of care and quality
- Serve as a liaison to strengthen the relationship between the hospital administration and medical staff
- Serve as a member of the executive management team, assisting in strategic development of initiatives and business strategies, and the direction of the organization
- Participate in the annual operating and capital budget process
- Develop programs to assure compliance with all relevant licensing and accrediting bodies, and with all quality, legal and regulatory requirements
- Define and promotes the principles of population health and value-based care
- Develop population health strategies and manages interventions, people, and programs that address the clinical and utilization needs of various risk-based populations
- Foster and develops physician alignment with the strategic priorities of the organization and the needs of the community.
- Monitors and evaluates clinical quality within the organization, working together with the hospital administration and medical staff to foster a culture of patient safety and highly reliable patient care through utilization of best practices to improve clinical outcomes while reducing unnecessary care
- Develops and maintains relationships with other local health systems as it relates to the interactions of medical staff
- Keeps abreast of emerging models of health care delivery and finance, and identifies innovative strategies to align the hospital’s business goals and objectives with these models
- Maintains a strong understanding of clinical information systems and electronic medical records to allow proper utilization of clinical data and feedback to physicians
- Current and active Oregon physician license or ability to get one.
- At least 6+ years leadership experience in an acute care setting
- Hospital Administration experience required
- Previous leadership experience required
Competitive Salary, benefits and Relocation available.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media