Accounting and Tax Manager- Family Office
Our client is a single-family office for a High Wealth Family. Their team currently provides integrated financial services for 18 households in the second through fifth generations of the family, as well as three outside tax and accounting clients.
The Tax and Accounting Manager role includes financial reporting, investment reporting, tax planning and compliance, risk management, and preparation of materials for the various family boards. The Tax and Accounting Manager will assist in integrating these services in a manner that will add value to our clients.
This position will report to the Treasurer.
- CPA license required
- 5+ years of auditing, accounting, and tax experience required
o Preferably with alternative investments (private equity and hedge funds)
o Preferably with high-net-worth individuals or other family offices
- Strong and proactive communication skills
- High ability to use and adapt to new information technology
- Ability to exercise discretion
- Desire to grow and expand skill set
- Critical thinking and analytical problem-solving abilities
- Forward thinking and collaborative
- Prior staff oversight and management experience a plus
- Oversight over the income tax compliance and planning process
- Review individual, trust, partnership, corporate, and foundation tax returns
- Track capital activity for private equity investments
- Calculate IRR and time weighted performance for the family investments
- Prepare and review materials for the various family board of directors’ meetings
- Prepare materials for private foundation trustee meetings
- Coordinate with external accounting firms for audits and AUP engagements
- Review tax basis calculations
- Calculate tax distribution amounts for the family limited partnerships
- Respond to IRS and state tax notices
- Oversee, update, and manage the family office internal control manual Expectations:
- Develop ways to use technology to improve the family office’s ability to meet client needs
- Constant communication with owners and family members, boards, internal staff, and third parties
- Follow the mission and values of the family and implement the family office strategic plan
- Responsibility for coordinating the delivery of services to the family through leadership and a team approach
- The ability to put yourself in the place of a client to be able to gauge their reaction to your proposals
- Be familiar with and communicate trends in the fiduciary, investment, tax, and financial services industries
- Provide guidance, development, and direct oversight over staff and investment accountants
The position includes full company-paid medical benefits, vision benefits, dental benefits, a generous 401(k) match and discretionary contribution, and three weeks paid vacation (increasing over time with years of employment).
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media