Senior HVAC Technician
$65000 to $85000 Per Year
The Senior HVAC Technician will be the resident expert in a 800+ employee facility in Rockford, IL. This role is responsible for the inspection, maintenance, repair, installation and design of all types of complex HVAC equipment and systems. The Senior HVA Technician works independently and manages HVAC installations and system design for new or retrofit systems to find cost effective efficient solutions to HVAC requirements.
- Installs and repairs HVAC systems and components.
- Instructs lower level techs in PM techniques.
- Apply expert knowledge for all necessary equipment and tools required to implement or upgrade equipment including, but not limited to: refrigeration gauges, multimeters, hand tools, power tools, scissor lifts, ladders and forklifts.
- Expert in HVAC troubleshooting techniques, understands functions of all HVAC components including hot gas bypass systems, cascade refrigeration systems and associated controls.
- Follows all NFPA 70E guidelines and lockout tagout procedures.
- Mentors HVAC personnel.
- Designs complex industrial systems and makes recommendations for replacement of old equipment.
- Good mechanical aptitude and ability to work in extreme environments (hot and cold), process piping and plumbing experience also required.
- Must have current licensing required to purchase and reclaim refrigerants.
- Thorough knowledge of both reciprocating and centrifugal refrigeration equipment.
- Applies current technologies and methods to system design and installations.
- Flexibility to work or assist with non-HVAC type repairs when needed.
- Brazing skills to effectively join refrigeration tubing.
Education or Formal Training:
- 4+ years experience in HVAC in an Industrial setting.
- Experienced in process and comfort HVAC
- Certified in Universal HVAC refrigerant recovery and licensed to purchase refrigerants.
- Extensive knowledge of three phase electrical systems and controls installation and troubleshooting.
- Expert competency in troubleshooting skills and uses of equipment, multimeters, amprobes, refrigerant gauges, vacuum pump, etc.
- Ability to read complex blueprints, electrical schematics and refrigeration schematics.
- Certified in operation of refrigerant reclaiming equipment.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media