Sr. Microbiologist (remote)
Our mid-sized medical device client is hiring a Microbiologist to their team. The role acts as a core member of a project team whose primary responsibility is conducting research directed toward the discovery and/or development of novel products or processes. The Microbiologist exercises independent judgment in scientific development methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. They create formal networks involving coordination among groups, and has broad expertise or unique knowledge in life science. The Microbiologist may have a small group of direct reports and uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives. This position will be critical in helping company maximize the amount of patients served while maintaining a high level of quality and safety.
Your role with the company:
- Acts as a core member of a project team whose primary responsibility is conducting research directed toward the discovery and/or development of novel products or processes
- Ensures significant attention is directed towards the quality of experimental evidence such as methodologies, data summary, interpretation, review of relevant literature, and documentation of reports in typical scientific format
- Experimental activity is expected to result in contributions to corporate intellectual property as well as to the scientific literature
- Participates and consults with the internal and external scientific community to maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge for application to achieving successful experimental outcomes
- Evaluates techniques to solve problems and suggest or implement scientific recommendations
- Evaluates experimental results for validity and conformance to acceptable scientific method
- Participates in establishing a collegial network of internal technical experts with potential to providing scientific guidance
- Keeps abreast of current technologies in area of specialty including that of the tissue processing and engineering field
- Applies experimental and theoretical techniques to achieve project specific objectives
- Contributes to both corporate intellectual property and scientific literature
- May have responsibility for overseeing the workmanship of support or junior staff including training
- Reviews and edits internal documentation for team members and assists in the preparation and presentation of materials for internal or external technical reviews
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Design to develop manufacturing plans
- Consider company capabilities, state-of-the-art parameters, and technical possibilities for each project
- Master’s degree and a minimum of 10 years relevant working experience OR a Ph.D. degree is required. PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology preferred.
- B.S. or M.S. in, Biomedical, Mechanical, Materials Engineering or other related engineering discipline preferred.
- Need to have experience in gamma sterilization, cleanroom, and biocompatibility work. Biocompatibility a must.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media