- The position of Engineering Leader is responsible for supporting both the Department and the Steering Team by performing various functions that will help guide and foster a team spirit. The Department Leader oversees and monitors all activities, and personnel by acting as liaison in matters regarding policy application, employee relations and continuous improvement related to the Business Unit functions. Under the general direction of the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, the Department Leader has ongoing contacts both internally and externally and must combine technical, human and conceptual skills to plan, control and lead the team toward meeting divisional objectives.
- Know and understand "Our Client's" quality and environmental policies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Follows and supports "Our Client's" operating principles:
- Operating under its principles by treating all team members equally, fairly, and with dignity and respect.
- Abide by policies and procedures as described in the most current version of the Team Member handbook.
- Open door Policy - solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication.
- 5S - Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy "Everything has a place. Everything in its place."
- Safety First - Obey the plant's safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard.
- Promote MAFACT benchmarks to achieve World Class Manufacturing.
- Core values - Treat all team members equally, fairly, with dignity and respect without favoritism in accordance with company values.
- Attend and participate in Team, Department, Plant-wide and any other meetings as required.
- Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive attitude with an emphasis on personal responsibility.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities for lean manufacturing.
- Ensure daily pre-shift inspections are completed, conduct unplanned inspection audits on a weekly basis and conduct semi-annual planned inspection audits of area.
- Routinely make visual inspections of emergency evacuation routes correcting any safety concerns immediately.
- Review and sign off on accident/incident investigations within 24 hours with follow up review of short and long term corrective action measures.
- Ensure weekly safety talks in pre-shift meetings are being conducted with team members signing safety training roster.
- Support joint health and safety and ergonomic committees, and respond to all issues for resolution within 21 days.
- Annually conduct PPE Assessments and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Review the Health and Safety Dashboard weekly.
- Develop, and foster strong working relations with individuals, teams, and overall department; carry out performance assessments, establish developmental/training requirements of Purchasing Team; and implement corrective measures if required in order to sustain effectiveness of services provided.
- Responsible for the Supplier Rating Performance and Supplier Development actions.
- Responsible for the implementation of adequate professional practices relating to the department.
- Develop long term budget plan for department to control expenditures, assisting the Company and the Steering Team to achieve financial targets and objectives.
- Develop programs for Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance tracking, continuous improvement, establish procedures and job training.
- Participate in short and long-term supplier price reduction initiatives with engineering and materials in order to optimize products being purchases as well as reducing cost from the supply chain flow.
- Work closely with Divisional counterparts and other divisions to achieve and attain savings benefiting Company targets and objectives.
- Participate in recruiting of personnel by conducting interviews as required.
- Supply performance reviews for team members in an orderly and timely manner.
- Implement corrective measures and actions as required.
- Provide training and work instructions in the areas of, but not limited to Health & Safety, TS 16949, ISO14001, job specific, etc.
- Educate, support and promote corporate initiatives i.e. Employee's Charter, EOS, Hotline, Fairness Committee, and the Employee Advocate.
- Effectively implement and manage the Division's financial matters to include meeting the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Directly leads Area Leaders, Team Leaders, and Team Members in assigned Business Unit.
- These qualifications represent the minimum requirements of the position. Team members will be required to possess the ability and aptitudes to perform the duties proficiently.
- Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing environment required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required with 10 years preferred
- Assembly of automotive components and weld experience preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel required
- Ability to operate standard office equipment preferred
- Ability to operate CAD modeling software, preferred
- Decision Making
- Conflict Resolution
- Office and general factory environment
- Able to be flexible in hours of work on short notice in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled & non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc)
- Possible shift work
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, and occasional bending and stooping
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media