Ammonia Refrigeration Technician - CIRO & CARO
$64480 to $79040 Per Hour
Established and major brand name company has an opportunity for an Ammonia Refrigeration Technician at their high volume manufacturing site in the Louisville, KY metropolitan area. In this role will perform preventative and predictive maintenance on all process refrigeration, boilers, HVAC, and compressed air equipment. Shift may vary, but will mainly work on the off shift. Will comply with all PSM/RMP regulations. Will prepare documentation for providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information. Will complete required logs and documentation regarding equipment operation, run hours, pressures and temperatures associated with boilers and compressors ( ammonia and air). Valves and pumps will be serviced, repaired and rebuilt. Will comply with all current and future safety, GMP, HACCP and food safety procedures and policies. Will coordinate work with outsider contractors. Assistance will be provided in performing major and minor repairs on utility equipment (ammonia refrigeration, boilers, air compressors, HVAC, fire retention and cooling towers). There are other responsibilities also associated with this position. There is a 401(k) with matching and stock purchase plan.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- At least 3 plus years of experience working with ammonia, HVAC, compressed air as well as boilers / steam equipment
- Needed are RETA CARO and CIRO certifications
- Need ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Must be comfortable on aerial boom lifts and extension ladders
- Must have the ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings
- Needed is knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repairs, and maintenance
- With minimal supervision able to work
- Good with Excel and Word
- Able to pass respirator testing annually for PSM
- Must be shift flexible and open to work overtime, weekends, and off shift
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media