General Manager Evansville IN
General Manager - Bread Bakery Food Manufacturing
similar job titles: Director of Operations, President, VP of Manufacturing
Location: Evansville, IN
Job Summary: This position reports to the Senior VP of Manufacturing and oversees and manages production, quality control, procurement, inventory management, finance, sales and marketing for a high-speed sliced bread and roll commercial bakery. This position has direct leadership responsibility of every aspect of the plant's operations and plays a critical role in strategic planning to guide the future growth and development.
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years’ experience in management within a high-speed food manufacturing environment.
- Bread or Buns experience preferred; experience working with ovens.
- Completion of American Institute of Baking (AIB) in-residence baking science and technology course and AIB Science of Baking correspondence course strongly desired
- Union management experience is strongly desired
- Knowledge of BRC (or SQF) is highly preferred
- Continuous improvement or Lean experience.
- Experience in demand planning/production scheduling; make to inventory.
This job offers the following:
- Outstanding opportunities with a stable and established organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Defined pension plan
- Highly adequate relocation assistance is provided if needed.
- Opportunity for career advancement.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media