Electrical Design Engineer
$85000 to $110000 Per Year
The Electrical Engineer conducts multiple engineering functions in a high pace custom manufacturing environment. Engineers will research, design, develop, plan, and select components for electromechanical, electronic control systems for commercial and industrial refrigeration products and systems. Engineers will work cross-departmentally and with customers to design industry leading products onsite with our skilled production team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design electrical control systems, generate and modify electrical schematics and panel layouts, assemble bills of material, develop instructions that describe the installation and operation of control systems, and provide support to other disciplines
- Equipment design to include specifying components of products and systems primarily used for commercial refrigeration, industrial refrigeration, and associated electrical power distribution systems
- Research and analyze data – such as customer design proposals, specifications, and manuals – to determine feasibility of design or application of products and systems
- Communicate with the sales organization or directly with the customer about product and system design, performance and specification
- Coordinate with onsite manufacturing personnel to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications
- Develop production documentation and drawings using SolidWorks Electrical
- Coordinate efforts necessary to maintain compliance with agencies such as ETL, UL, NFPA’s NEC
- Respond to field service issues by providing solutions and support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with electrical panel layout, schematic design, ladder logic programming, and system testing and troubleshooting preferred
- An understanding of electrical power distribution principles and design as well as an ability to learn the application and implementation of VFD’s for motor control is desired
- Electrical CAD/SolidWorks Electrical experience preferred
- Candidate must be proficient using Windows Office, and ERP software
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media