A Typical Day Includes:
- Working with customers – serve as the main point of contact.
- Coordinate quality activities and inspection with the lab. Review lab data.
- Create work and inspection instructions.
- Troubleshooting and calibration.
- Automated inspection equipment programming (no previous experience is necessary)
- Could advance into a Validation Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, or Program Manager. Company offers training and can pay for certifications, classes, tuition reimbursement (case-by-case).
- There are a handful of travel opportunities throughout the year.
Interview Process: On-Site Interviews
- 1st Interview: Steve + Sr. QE or Program Manager.
- 2nd Interview: As needed.
- A plus to know FMEA, PPAP, MSA – but not required and not expected of young candidates.
- Could be a candidate right out of college or someone with more experience looking to make a change.
Ensure implementation and compliance of plant quality systems to required quality and manufacturing standards including customer specific standards and tools for error prevention, continuous improvement and problem solving at all stages of product realization.
- · Implement quality and manufacturing systems and coordinate quality plans with on-going compliance to customer requirements as determined through the Advanced Quality Planning. Must be familiar with Core Tool Strategies, such as FMEA, PPAP, MSA, and Process Control.
- · Ensure compliance of quality and manufacturing systems to all required standards including customer specific requirements.
- · Create and update inspection plans for all phases of process from incoming to final audit. Train incoming inspectors and quality engineers on inspection procedures.
- · Point of contact for customer complaints. Facilitates the customer complaint management and problem-solving processes to ensure resolution and continual improvements at product, process, and system levels as necessary. Regular update of internal, customer and supplier complaints. Advanced skills in Problem Solving a plus.
- · Validate and release measurement gages for new programs in application of statistical tools. Perform Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility studies on current and new gages.
- · Coordinate and perform (as required) internal process and system audits.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, and customers. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to interact with global counterparts.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media