Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design packaging machinery to meet customer specifications.
- Incorporate new technology in order to maintain a competitive edge in the world of packaging machinery.
- Explore innovative manufacturing methods to help reduce mechanical assembly costs and lead time.
- Troubleshoot problems occurring during development, fabrication, assembly, or commissioning of machinery; conduct functional testing.
- Provide in-field and phone support for service related activities, including engineering support for pre-sales solutions. Limited travel to customer sites for various activities including installation support and resolving post installation technical issues.
- Project management, when needed.
- Ability to get the job done with minimal supervision.
- Strong professionalism and unwavering integrity.
- Conduct functional testing, generate written protocols, reports, maintain accurate documentation, designs, drawing and processes.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies.
- Ability to work in a company with a “get it done” attitude.
- Outstanding Teamwork– general focus on pleasing the customer.
- Work with other engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing, service and supply chain to find the best solutions for our company and our customers.
- Provide engineering support for pre-sales solutions.
- Travel to customer locations, as needed, to fully understand equipment usage and demands, help customers improve their productivity, installation support and resolving issues.
- Work with outside vendors as required.
- Mechanical Engineering degree with at least 10 years work experience in automated machinery design preferably in the Packaging Industry.
- Solid Modeling design experience is required using SolidWorks, Inventor, ProEngineering or similar software.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects with a focus on quality and “on-time” delivery.
- Strong project management skills. Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must be able to pass background and drug test.
- Must be US citizen or have Permanent Resident Status (green card holder).
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media