Our client is a fast-growing company near Pittsburgh.
We are actively recruiting for a Financial Analyst to join their team.
A successful candidate in this role will be responsible for providing business planning, forecasting, and analytical support for their clients. The candidate will also focus on transactions and details and must be process-oriented. Advanced PC and financial systems knowledge with the ability to adapt to a continuously changing work environment are essential. In addition to a solid accounting acumen, the analyst is a self-directed problem solver who interacts well with others. Lastly, the candidate must be able to participate and collaborate with others both inside and outside of the finance department to ensure compliance with required accounting controls and reporting requirements.
- Minimum - BS/BA Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Preferred - Candidates with an MBA and / or CPA (active or inactive)
- 2-4 years of experience in public accounting (“Big 4” or regional) or private industry
- Supply chain, distribution, inventory, and/or logistics experience is preferred
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and various monthly financial reporting packages.
- Analyze results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Perform monthly accounting close and reporting functions for one large client, including booking journal entries and performing account reconciliations.
- Serve as point of contact for operational support and accounting teams
- Work closely with other corporate and business unit resources to improve standardization and implement best practices
- Complete ad hoc analyses and support projects
- Assist in the development and analysis of client metrics, measures, and KPIs that result in greater financial visibility and accountability.
- Adhere to finance policies, procedures and internal controls
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the company
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and general accounting
- Experience in general ledger accounting and reporting
- Transaction oriented with detailed understanding of financial process flows
- ERP general ledger experience preferred (JD Edwards 9.0)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Occasional and infrequent business travel to operational sites and/or client’s offices may occur
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media