Human Resource Generalist
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides human resources guidance through planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the Human Resources Department in support of the plant.
- Serves as functional resource for employees, ensuring their understanding and compliance with HR policies and regulations.
- Manages the employee relations efforts to develop & implement business aligned HR initiatives that promote effective employee and management relations.
- Keeps management advised of potential problems and recommends & implements solutions as appropriate.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to support continual improvement. Act as a change in agent within the plant.
- Participates in the development and implementation of plant’s goals, objectives and systems.
- Monitors Human Resources key performance indicators, identifying root causes to workforce issues and driving improvement initiatives.
- Manages and maintain department records and reports.
- Actively participates in company-wide HR projects and meetings.
- May manage vendor relationships
- Ensures legal compliance by reviewing federal, state and local regulatory requirement and disseminating, explaining and consulting.
- Act as a business partner and coach for the plant management team.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process to identify top talent that meets the plant needs for hourly, professional, managerial, and technical capability.
- Employ coaching, consulting and facilitation skills to influence behavior and business decisions consistent with company values
- Work with Compensation and Benefits team to ensure competitive programs are in place to attract and retain talent
- Responsible for implementing systems and coaching the plant leadership team to cultivate a positive employee relations environment, maintaining a union-free work place.
- Develop and implement innovative solutions to employee relations issues affecting the plant to mitigate any legal or compliance related risks.
- Responsible for managing and developing direct report(s).
- Partners with Safety to promote and create a safe work environment and ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Manages recognition events for the facility.
- Develops, reviews and implements effective company communications.
- Conduct training at the plant for the hourly and management teams, including: compliance, policy administration, communications, and positive employee relations programs.
- Supports the Director of Operations to manage the annual performance appraisal and compensation program for the plant.
- Maintain strong knowledge of current knowledge of current HR industry trends. Ensures compliance with current employment and labor relations legislation.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media