$90000 to $130000 Per Year
As an Assurance Manager, you will work with other members of our assurance practice to develop and sustain excellent client relationships. Our client's assurance practice delivers quality audits and other services to privately-owned middle-market companies. Services include internal audit, employee benefit plans, outsourced accounting and contract compliance.
- The Assurance Manager is responsible for providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including cording the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures and other client deliverables
- Review and supervise Assurance staff work on client engagements to ensure firm’s quality control procedures are followed
- Collaborate with Senior Managers and Partners in the areas of risk assessment, audit programs, internal audit reports and budgeting
- Understand skill sets and capabilities of Assurance Seniors and Assurance staff and monitor and review work product that they prepare and report on performance while articulating notes for improvement throughout the process
- Advising client on various economic and regulatory risks resolve complex accounting issues
- Ability to apply all areas of GAAP to complex situations, including writing technical memos and inter-office consultation papers and serve as a technical resource with the ability to explain and teach staff
- Informs partners of progress on engagements, takes timely action on technical, scheduling and other problems. Brings recommended solutions to partner’s attention for timely action.
- Provides training, leadership, recognition and administrative direction to motivate and develop team members
- Understands the economics of the firm’s practice and ability to management profitable engagements. Has direct client billing responsibility.
- Supports the management with decisions pertaining to policies and procedures and brings that support to the team
- Accepts other administrative and supervisory responsibilities, including recruiting and leading professional development conferences, as required
- Stays current on technical and regulatory issues
- Assist in any other tasks as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in a public accounting firm or related experience
- Minimum of 2 years of supervising and training experience
- CPA certification required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis upon hire
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel)
- QuickBooks and ProSystems experience is a plus
- Proven experience in managing multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Strong motivation to meet client deadlines and provide excellent client service
- Proven verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and engagement scheduling and budgeting
- Candidates must possess a willingness and ability to travel to client locations
- Possess executive presence with ability to be the primary contact for the client and to prepare and present presentations to clients and potential clients
- Creative problem solving and research ability demonstrating sound decision-making skills
- Strong organizational techniques are required
- Responsibility over business development and marketing
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media