Due to a retirement, our client, a privately held CPA Firm is looking for a Tax Manager.
The Tax Manager will lead and manage multiple operations of the tax practice area to deliver quality tax services. This person will serve as a business adviser to clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise.
Responsibilities of the Tax Manager:
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within appropriate filing dates
- Prepare and review complex federal and state individual income, gift tax, and estate returns
- Prepare complex federal and multi-state income tax returns for S-Corporations, C-Corporations, Partnerships, and Non-Profit Organizations
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquiries, and tax notices.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters
- Manage staff accountants, provide feedback to them, and evaluate their progress, offer guidance and direction
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Manage and coordinate tax audits
- Enhance existing client relationships and actively seek to develop new relationships with potential clients and referral sources that would be beneficial to the firm
- Assist in firm administrative functions as assigned by partners.
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
Requirements for the Tax Manager:
- CPA Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Master’s degree in Taxation
- 3-7 years of proven experience in Public Accounting, focused on tax
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of tax software and Microsoft Office
- Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Analytical skills with high detail orientation
- Experience in managing a small team, delegating work, managing performance and compliance of team members
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media