Senior Plant Manager
$130000 to $160000 Per Year
The Senior Operations Manager, under the direction of the Director of Manufacturing Operations, oversees production and maintenance and works closely with safety, quality assurance and fulfillment departments to ensure safe and efficient production requirements are being met. Will be responsible for maintaining and improving the overall equipment reliability while improving overall safety performance, producing to strict product quality guidelines and expectations and improving service to the Customer. This position ensures improving bottom line results through department wide performance management that demonstrates a continuous improvement culture in all aspects of the operation while cultivating a cross departmental team. This is a full time, exempt position.
- Manage a team of Assistant Managers within the department and ensures production meets or exceeds Quality, Safety, Food Safety & Efficiency standards. Manages performance issues or any other issues requiring improvement.
- Oversees the production process, working in collaboration with the planning department advising on improvements around the production schedule to fulfil demand while optimizing efficiencies throughout the operation
- Embed continuous improvements with the operational team and drive for Operational Excellence using stretch goals and key performance indicators (KPI) to monitor progress
- Develop a Maintenance Excellence Strategy inclusive of systems, process, people and measurements (KPI’s) that enables progression to Best in Class.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the annual operational budget within areas of responsibility. Identify areas of improvement in efficiencies and waste reduction to make year on year savings
- Manage and motivate employees to achieve results through servant leadership and effective coaching. Must be an effective communicator, capable of teaching and generating results while enhancing the work environment and supporting the Company philosophy
- Responsible for the overall departments’ safety, housekeeping, quality, productivity, employee conduct and performance influencing a culture change across the whole organization
- Create in conjunction with Site Engineer a rolling 3-year capital expenditure plan with estimated ROI’s covering safety, quality and efficiency projects
- Utilize the interpersonal skills necessary to effectively lead and gain involvement of team members and ensure individual and team levels of performance exceeding goals and expectations. Develop and maintain succession plans for all areas of responsibility to ensure sustainable performance for future years
- Minimum of 5-10 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing/production/maintenance environment and warehouse pick/pack operation with heavy employee management, collaboration with other internal departments as a managing partner. A proven track record of continuous improvement successes and efficiencies utilizing the latest Lean Manufacturing processes and techniques.
- BS degree in Engineering Discipline required
- Master’s Degree or equivalent Professional qualification preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze, prioritize, plan, multi-function and manage time effectively.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, production management tools, ERP and financial reporting systems
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented; able to work effectively under pressure with high-energy, and proactive style; brings well developed sense of urgency to all work. Must be quality minded, self-motivated, analytical and results oriented.
- Familiarity with food safety and GMP standards, including AIB, FDA and HAACP a plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media