TLDR: The company is looking for a Lead Designer to bring world-class design expertise including user experience, interaction design, and design systems to build a 0-1 product in the communication space that will create and define a new category.
👋 About the Company
The company is an early-stage startup on a mission to improve spoken communication our remote working world. We are building an AI-powered communication coach and platform that can provide real-time and post meeting feedback. In the process we hope to democratize the language for career mobility, improve diversity and inclusion, and bring more understanding and compassion to professionals.
The founding team comes from Amazon Alexa, Microsoft Teams, and ASAPP and we have launched top 5 grossing iOS and Android applications and built large bottoms-up SaaS businesses. We're just beginning our journey and have raised capital from some of the top investors and operators in the future of work space including the Executive Chairman of LinkedIn. We strongly believe that innovative and simple design solutions will be a critical to creating value for users in this problem space.
⭐ About you
We are looking for a lead designer obsessed with creating simple, beautiful, and enjoyable experiences that delight users and makes their lives easier. You will take complex and ambiguous problems and distill them into elegant and actionable design solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to take highly ambiguous problem spaces and creating delightful products.
- Extensive track record of shipping complex, high-profile, and high stakes projects
- A systems thinker who can easily recognize patterns to develop frameworks and solutions to solve the complex needs of the many customers we serve
- 3+ years of experience in product design at leading technology organizations
- Skilled UI designer with the ability to combine typography, layout, color, and modern user interaction patterns into strong visual communication
- Evidence of strategic thinking across the entire customer journey, and spanning multiple channels
- Skilled in using quantitative and qualitative methods to evaluate designs and develop a deep understanding of target audiences and user behavior
What You Will Do
- Own the end to end design process for a 0-1 product on the cutting edge of affective computing and human-computer interaction
- Design beautiful and intuitive interfaces for desktop and mobile applications
- Work closely with engineering and product on research, ideation, prototyping, and testing features that delight users and drive growth for the Company
- Become a founding team member and set design culture in the organization
- Be hands on but in prime position to lead the design function as we scale
- Confidence without attitude
- Experimentation and bias for action
- Passion for the company’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
- Point of view on AI/communication products
- Infinite and curious learner
- Open to receiving and giving feedback
- Ideally previous startup experience
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media