Tax Manager - Work from home with flexible hours!
We are a top ranked regional CPA and consulting firm with a reputation for excellence and expertise in the accounting and management consulting industry. Providing the services of a large firm with a blended environment of practices, services and industry specializations, we continue to demonstrate renowned industry leadership year-over-year. We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit and the guidance we provide to our clients on a daily basis so they can make better decisions in their business. We offer a work from home option with flexible hours, very reasonable work / life balance, high base / bonus compensation packages, great benefits, diverse publicly held and closely held clients to work on, and a fast track to Partnership. Positions available to base in West Los Angeles, Irvine, Riverside, San Jose, San Francisco, and Denver.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Tax Manager is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely preparation of all clients' tax returns. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required. The Manager has mastered the skills and requirements of the Senior role and has been identified as possessing the pre-requisite for future growth in the Firm. The Manager makes decisions most tax situations.
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in discipline or industry.
- Demonstrates excellence in most advanced technical skills.
- Performs all task related to client service and sees that assignments are accomplished within budgeted time.
- Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
- Delegates and manages tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts to assist the A&A Department with larger clients.
- Acts as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and A&A staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex business returns.
- Assumes client service responsibility for clients the Tax Manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is delegated from the Partner.
- Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax and tax developments affecting the firms' clients.
- Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
- Supervises tax staff and provides on-the-job training.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, development training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
- Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely preparation and delivery of all clients' tax returns.
- Accurate and timely billing and collection processes are made.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firms' philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the partners.
- Researches and evaluates tax preparation and tax research software for recommendation to partners.
- Participates in firm practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities.
- Promotes the most efficient operations of the Firm and supports compliance guidelines in managing others.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current tax laws.
- Proficiency in use of computer tax preparation, tax research, and tax planning software programs.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Ability to operate a computer and calculator.
- Responsible for the development, coaching and training of senior, semi-seniors and staff accountants.
- Must be familiar with the qualifications of all Tax staff members for the development and instruction of their training needs.
- Participates in reviews and evaluations of the tax department.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Five to ten years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity, scope, and research.
- At least two (2) years experience representing clients before taxing authorities.
- Minimum one (1) year experience supervising and directing work of tax preparers.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required, Master's degree in taxation preferred.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
- A current and valid certified public accountant's license is required.
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Respects and embraces diversity; looks to build a One-Firm team spirit among staff.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media