Sales Engineer/ Account Manager
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Account Manager is a cross-functional role acting as the primary point of contact with General Motors. This role will be responsible for interfacing with multiple business units including Design, Engineering, Purchasing, Operations, Sales, and Marketing. This position aims to enhance the relationship between our client and GM and create better communication channels and alignment.
- Be a significant point of contact with GM in multiple functional groups.
- Be present with the customer. Communicate promptly all customer issues to appropriate personnel. Maintain timely and accurate records of calls and meetings.
- Provide management with verbal briefs and written reports of customer needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, news articles, and any potential for new business and services.
- Will work cross-functionally with internal departments including Finance, Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing, and Operations to ensure alignment between GM and our company.
- Obtain Request for Quote packages and lead quotation processes within our company from receipt through pricing, negotiation, submission, and follow-up with OEM buyer.
- Working cross-functionally to manage Engineering Change Requests and Capacity Tickets.
- Development and implement Sales, Marketing, and Training strategies according to the strategic and operative business planning, both internally and with GM.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent follow-thru, interpersonal, presentation, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Team player and self-directed.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Minimum of five years OEM account management, automotive sales, and/or program management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Technical skills must include a demonstrated understanding of the OEM automotive product development process.
- Experience in customer relations across multiple functional areas.
- The ability to function and lead in a team environment.
- Must be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to see and read documents
- Sitting: 6-8 hours at a time
- Standing: 1-2 hours at a time. There will be days standing could be 8 hours.
- Walking: 30 minutes to an hour
- Lifting: 50 lbs. occasionally
- Carrying: 50 lbs. occasionally
- This role may require local and international travel. Employees must have and maintain active copies of all necessary paperwork for travel locally and internationally.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media