Construction Project Manager-Concrete
If you are reading about this opportunity, we hope it is because you are looking for a career in concrete paving, and not just a job. Our client was founded 60 years ago, and is nationally recognized in their field, which means they want you to join them and be recognized too.
We are looking for our client’s next Project Manager in beautiful Cedar Rapids, IA to help continue their tradition of a commitment to excellence. There is something to be said about doing big time paving and concrete work while leading in a smaller organization where all people feel valued. This is the type of company you will want to bring your skills to.
Are you still here? If so, read on--and then send us your resume so we can talk.
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL DO AS A CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
- Read/Review all plans, specifications, addendums, contracts and associated documents.
- Review, compare and contrast subcontractor quotes (specifically noting inclusions/exclusions).
- Review project budget.
- Coordinate/conduct planning meeting with estimating/paving departments and subcontractors.
- Develop/finalize a project schedule for presentation to owner/engineer.
- Participate in formal pre-construction meeting with owner/engineer.
- Schedule a joint meet with impacted utility companies.
- Obtain necessary permits.
- Set up job site (i.e. trailer/toilet/services).
- Supervise all on-site construction activities.
- Resolve day-to-day problems as they occur on site.
- Inspect all work during construction to ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Update/manage project schedule.
- Request and coordinate utility locates for client work.
- Coordinate subcontractors to meet project schedule.
- Attend progress meetings.
- Coordinate/develop change requests to be priced by estimator.
- Review cost reports against budget with the project team and develops appropriate solutions to
- resolve variances.
- Maintain electronic job files and records.
- Maintain daily logs/traffic control diary/SWPPP Reports.
- Review working days reports.
- Coordinate with office on pay estimates/submittals/change requests/subcontractor requests.
- Analyze problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Schedule/attend walk through with engineer to develop punch list.
- Coordinate completion of punch list items with subcontractors.
- Promote timely sign off on punch list items.
- Remove trailer and cancel all services.
- Partner with team and/or lead recruitment efforts including mentorship/development of employees.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BE QUALIFIED AS A CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
- Must live in or within reasonable proximity of Cedar Rapids, IA.
- Strong concrete paving experience.
- Approximately 5 years of experience in construction management or relevant field.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of construction.
- OSHA 10-hour Certification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- A strong work ethic, reliable, honest, detail orientated, well organized and a self-starter.
- Good scheduling, subcontractor, and time management
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to pass a DMV check.
- The ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
IF YOU HAVE THIS EXPERIENCE, YOU ARE IN VERY HIGH DEMAND
- Experience working on municipal projects
- OSHA 30-hour Certification.
- Certification for Traffic Control by ATSSA.
- College degree in construction management or relevant field.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE GREAT BENEFITS YOU WILL BE OFFERED
- Traditional or HSA health insurance
- Wellness program and tobacco free discount options
- Dental, vision, life insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off
A DIVERSE WORKFORCE MATTERS TO US!
We are proud to support an organization that is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an equitable, diverse, inclusive, and engaged work culture. We want you to bring your whole self to work every day. Our client strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply, regardless of race, sex, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, families with children, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, status as a veteran or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media