Registered Nurse - ICU
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of nursing principles
- Must recognize safety issues to self and others and be able to assess and implement use of lifts or move patients in a safe manner.
- Must be able to function well in stressful situations and have good, creative, problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to prioritize and delegate. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills required. May be required to assume duties as a charge nurse.
- Coronary care course or successful completion of challenge exam within the orientation period. Basic lethal dysrhythmia within six months of employment.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Spending Account
- 401K retirement
- $7500 Sign-On Bonus
- $5000 Loan Forgiveness after 1 year (up to 4 years)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media