Supervisor Respiratory Therapy (RRT) - Nights
$30 to $45 Per Hour
Supervisor Respiratory Therapy - Nights
Schedule: Full Time Nights: 6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m
This is a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. There are nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties.
The Respiratory Therapy Supervisor assists the Director of Respiratory Care in overseeing the overall operation of respiratory area and maximizing the resources of the department:
- Assesses, plans, evaluates, coordinates and provides quality care to the patients of the cardiopulmonary department.
- Performs all procedures as ordered by the physician.
- Maintains patient records and log books, correlates charges with procedures.
- Assists the director in keeping inventory needs at appropriate levels.
- Assists the director in maintaining appropriate PI programs while providing continuous assessment of and improvement to the quality of care and services.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees and helps with in-services for the staff & assures that all employee evaluations are done on a timely basis.
- Represents the department at interdepartmental meetings when requested.
Must be willing to work in both adult critical care and NICU. Will train NICU if not experienced. Will gain lots of experience due to the exposure of many different Traumas, treatment modalities, and Neonatal critical care.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND DEMANDS OF POSITION
Working Environment - Works in an air-conditioned building; noise level is moderate. Will spend time sitting at a desk or workstation and walking from department to department. Will spend time at the patient's bedside; exposure to body fluids is possible, as is exposure to infectious disease possible. Mechanical and electrical hazards may occur upon equipment malfunction.
Mental Demands - Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests; ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team; ability to ensure operational efficiency; ability to problem solve and make decisions; ability to exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
Special Demands - Needs minimal sustained direction in assessing needs, directing staff and carrying out departmental and professional responsibilities; self-starting and self-motivating; working hours may exceed eight (8) hours per day and is based on what is needed to accomplish work at hand. Able to work in stressful situations.Apply Online
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media