Director, Trauma Services
$87500 to $140000 Per Year
Director, Trauma Services
Location: South Bend, IN
Reports to the Executive Director of Surgical and Trauma Services, along with collaborative leadership with the Trauma Medical Director. Responsible for a comprehensive trauma program. Direct, plans and evaluates day-to-day functions to ensure that high-quality trauma services are provided. Responsible to provide oversight and ongoing compliance with the state trauma designation regulations and develops best practice process that are in accordance with state and federal regulations, accreditation and compliance requirements and organizational policy. Develops and initiates business plans that align with system strategic goals related to growth and community/ regional support in trauma services (Pediatric Trauma and Trauma OP Clinic). Coordinates the activities of the Trauma Services staff. Integrates pre-hospital, Emergency Care Center, Surgery and inpatient services to ensure the delivery of quality patient care. Works collaboratively with various Medical Directors, and other Hospital Directors, regarding the planning and implementation of trauma services. Also manages the clinical and financial performance of the Trauma Services department.
- Requires the clinical knowledge, and a thorough understanding of trauma services, necessary to ensure the delivery of standardized quality patient care.
- Requires the management skills necessary to effectively plan, develop, direct and evaluate the activities of assigned staff across the system.
- Requires a strong understanding of the regulatory environment affecting the trauma services area.
- Requires strong analytical, problem solving, planning, organization and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates the interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills necessary to effectively network and promote Trauma Services throughout the referral area (for example, to ensure continuity and coordination of services). Also demonstrates solid public speaking (presentation) skills.
- Requires the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships (both internal and external).
- Demonstrates a proactive, results-oriented and participative approach to management.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills (i.e., email, word processing and spreadsheets).
- Ability to collaborate to ensure collegiality and system alignment.
- Manages Trauma Program Coordinators and APC’s with system program.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Business, Nursing or Healthcare Administration or equivalent management experience in trauma services.
- A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana
- BLS, ATCN and TCRN certifications are required.
- A minimum of three years of emergency department or critical care nursing experience in a Level I or Level II trauma center is required
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media