Automation Controls Engineer
The Automation Controls Engineer will be responsible for automation implementation for injections molding, owning the trouble shooting of secondary ops and establishing/executing assembly processes/equipment.
- Implement automation objective on the molding floor to reduce costs and increase operational efficiencies.
- Own trouble shooting of secondary ops (pad printing, laser engraving, sonic welding, etc.).
- Consult at the estimating phase for assembly opportunities & automation opportunities as directed and then implement the quoted process in manufacturing upon release.
- Effectively communicate solutions to end-users as appropriate. Provide a highly visible customer focus.
- Leads development of in-house robotic integration projects for new or continuous improvement projects.
- Presents and modify concepts for team understanding and approval.
- Works with outside vendors to determine necessary parts and estimated budgets for projects.
- Maintains and provides appropriate documentation regarding drawings, bill of materials, budget tracking, safety, and program changes.
- Understands and implements the integration of safety circuits, machine interfaces (SPI Interface, etc.), and peripheral controls and devices.
- Provides a lead role in the development, installation, and programming of robotic work cells from concept to postproduction turn-over.
- Works as a liaison with outside integrators and vendors as needed for special projects or programs.
- Trains and mentors production technicians and maintenance personnel regarding troubleshooting issues and documentation.
- Assists with inspections, projects, or modifications at branch facilities as needed.
- BS Degree Engineering or similar
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision).
- Knowledge of one specific infrastructure technology and basic programming languages or database management systems (Java, PERL, Python)
- Requires strong electrical and mechanical skills with the ability to think logically and analytically.
- Programming of Robots – Capable of high-level robotic programming for Motoman robots.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) – Understand and perform ladder logic programming for Allen-Bradley PLCs.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media