Docketing Specialist - New York, Boston, Washington, D.C.
The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Managing Clerk and Litigation Docketing Coordinator and will be a part of the national docketing team supporting New York, Boston, Washington, D.C. offices.
On any given day, you will be working with your colleagues on a variety of requests and projects. You will:
- Log and process all docket requests assigned to you, using the firm’s docketing software
- Respond to case teams to ensure that docket entries are accurate
- Assist in the investigation of docket issues and respond to procedural inquiries from attorneys
- Know how to electronically research court cases to maintain an accurate record
- Know applicable court rules on how to electronically file documents in federal court using the cm/ecf system
- Electronically file documents in New York state and appellate courts, and the surrounding counties
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the regional coordinator and the Director and Managing Attorney, Docket
- Answer procedural questions related to date calculations and filing requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience as a docket specialist. Ideally, with exposure to litigation in a law firm environment
- Proficient with rules based docketing
- Computer proficient with advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) required.
- A detail oriented skill set and have the ability to budget time efficiently while handling multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interpret and analyze information
- Experience with CompuLaw desired, but not required
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media