RN - ICU
$28 to $40 Per Hour
Full Time Days 7A-7P Rotating Weekends - 3X12’s
This hospital is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. As a Magnet recognized facility, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators. Through our many well established professional practice councils and shared leadership model, we are committed to listening to our nursing voice; which drives outcomes and impacts practice environments using evidence-based research.
The Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit – RN ICU provides direct nursing care to patients and their families in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and implements care and interventions in addressing the problems of the neonate
- Carries out physician orders
- Assists physician during examination, treatment, and procedures
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient care environment for at risk infants
- Orients and mentors new staff members
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted.
Current Healthcare Provider ACLS and BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
BSN Highly preferred
Will consider ADN candidate if candidate has several years of MS experience, must be enrolled for BSN within 6 months of hire and complete program within 36 months (3yrs). All ADN offers needs to be approved by the CNO
MUST have a minimum of 1 Year ICU experience in an acute care setting - 2 YEARS PREFERRED
MUST have acute care experience in a HOSPITAL
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media