Field Service Technician- Lab Equipment
$50000 to $65000 Per Year
We are a super high growth distributor in the science, research, and healthcare space who makes laboratory equipment.
- We have thrived during Covid as the sterilization, healthcare, cannabis and educational research sectors that we serve have grown during the pandemic.
- State of the art brand new office and service facility
- This role will have planned growth from lead to supervisor and to manager levels. This role works with 3 other service techs and reports to the Director of Sterilization.
- Additional bonus opportunity on top of the hourly rate
- Benefits are A+ with medical,dental, vision, 401K with match plus generous PTO package.
We are looking for a Field Service Technician to deliver on-site service. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits
- Managing all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions and parts needed to fix the problem.
- Troubleshoot errors and technical issues over the phone.
- 80% Travel US and Canada
- Provide service and customer support during field visits.
- Tie workflow to schedule
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions and parts needed to fix the problem.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Follow all company procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Ensuring customer's service needs are quickly and efficiently met to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Build positive relationships with customers and promote products.
- Proven field service experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service laboratory equipment including autoclaves, rotary evaporators, and other products.
- Ability to adapt to changing work schedules.
- Familiarity with electronics, electronic testing equipment, plumbing, mechanical equipment, and hand tools.
- Technical degree or certification
- Travel Mon-Fri up to 80%, covering the Midwest so overnight stays required.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Collaborative -- A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
- Methodical -- Strong analytical, systems, and problem solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgement. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation.
- Reliable -- The ability to deliver high quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects and timelines. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Trusted -- Ability to work with customers, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive solutions oriented attitude.
- Driven -- Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media